For my 2nd year training/internship I was going to Ahmedabad by Train... where I met someone…
Usually, I don’t talk to strangers, but he started talking something about software industry that grabbed my attention.
He: What do you say, how important the managers are in software industry…
Me: Huh!!!
He: Hmmm… So you r a developer, right!!
Me: Yeah, Are u a developer too?
He: No, but I’m into the same industry as yours…
Me: Don’t mind but nobody is required to run a software company apart from us developers… So which college pass-out are you?
He: You might not have heard… Annamalai University. What about you?
Me: Indian School of Mines, Dhanbad. I got an AIR 3113 in IIT-JEE 2002. What about you. I never heard that Annamalai also produces engineers… ha ha… Kidding… yeah tell me
He: No no, they produce engineers too… But I did B.Com from there and I did …
Me: (Not listening to him much) Ok Ok… You are not and engineer and into software industry… Is it a Call Center? Ha ha… So came for the job search or something
He: Why are you becoming too arrogant? ... Well not for job search, some formalities. Actually I’m …
Me: Ok ok… (Again not letting him speak). So do you like computer science? I love it and all IITians love it… And yeah… When I say IITians Include IT-BHU and ISM, Dhanbad… you might not understand what I’m saying… Well, tell me…
He: Actually no… I don’t like it now… Previously, I used to like till my XII… I used to like playing with networks and did many things with Yahoo Messenger…
Me: Hmmm… so when did you pass your XII? And when did you clear your B.Com?
He: I cleared my XIIth in year 2002 and B.Com in 2006…
Me: One year of drop to enter for B.Com… its funny… ha ha… Well, what do you say? Isn’t software industry running because of IITians... the brilliant minds of the world?
He: No… why do you think so?
Me: I told you, you won’t understand…he he
He: Boss, I believe, brilliance cannot be judged on the basis of few exams and CPI/GPA. If you are an IITian or ISMite, whatever, that means the day you were writing the exams was good for you and not for some others. Moreover, today if you are showing this typical IITian/ISMite attitude, let me tell you my dear, you cleared that crap 9 years back.
What about the four long years of study when a Non-IITian develops his mind
Me: You know many words like GPA and CPI… your score must be in percents right he he… And Whats that... “develops the mind”. My friend! Are you jealous or do you regret of not being an IITian… Do you know something about Physics, Chemistry or Maths… ha ha
He: You know there are different kinds of “maturities” that develops with age and vary with person. If you are intelligent in your Physics or Maths at 18 and a Non-IITian was not, it doesn’t mean that today he is not as brilliant as you. It’s possible that he became more brilliant as compared to you. You are taking leverage even today for something you did 9 years back.
Me: Huh!!! You are really jealous; I wish you were an engineer… Well what’s your yahoo id. And yeah you were telling me you used to play with yahoo. Do you know what an YBoot is?
He: Actually…
Me: Let me tell you what’s really “playing with yahoo” then you will feel what Computer Science is. That you used to like… he he… YBoot is the software created by two Indians, Abhishek N. and Arvind C. This software can send its peers so many packets in a second that Messenger cannot handle… Oh… For you it’s a software using which you can make other person’s yahoo messenger crash… Do you really know what is crash? We IITians have all such stuff, hacking softwares and much more…
He: Yes I know… And I also know that Arvind was not an IITian. He is one of the brilliant examples who did his B.E. from Narayan Institute of Engineering and Technology, Itarsi.
Me: How do you know he is not, He has to be… he he… Well Which company are you working with? And is it your resume… (Pointing…)… What’s your package?
He: God!!! Too many questions… Yeah this is my resume… and
Me: (Again did not let him speak) Have you shown your drop that you took before entering you B.Com ha ha… Well what you were saying… Where are you working etc…?
He: You asked for my resume…
Me: Your name is Abhishek N. …
He: Yes, I cracked IIT-JEE in year 2002, with AIR 23. I joined IIT Powai as a Computer Science student. I studied there for an year and, as I told you, by that time because I had played too much with computer science and writing softwares like YBoot I didn’t have much more interest remaining in that field. So, I decided to drop and joined B.Com. After my B.Com I joined ICWAI and after that I appeared for CAT. I got 100 percentile and joined IIM Ahmedabad 2 years back. I’ve been recently placed with Microsoft and my package is around 45 lpa.
Me: Nice… (I had nothing else to say). Why didn’t you continue in IIT man…?
He: I told you I don’t like computer science NOW. Moreover, there are many other things that do not require an IIT brain. They are like … Hey… we are very close to our destination. Let’s pack up and get ready.
Me: Yes right… I understood (everything)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
;-)
Sometimes , genius is not determined by your alma mater.
well so true, i believe 99.99% people are on the same intelligence level,n academics doesn't truly reflects one's capability :) anyways good stuff, will pound a few puffy guys' mind
buddy....
how about me... well i'm also not an IITian... and neither i've ever qualified for IIT-JEE....
and you met me a lot of times... hehehehehehe...
well well... its really a fortune to meet such a genius...
come back home and be a lucky guy again... :D
se yaa...
Awesum!!!!
is this story really true ?? coz the "ME" person doesn't sounds like u :) anyways good read..
@Iconoclastic_Minion:
No... not true :), Well do I know you
remember the name Rahul Gupta :) CSE
Non-true for sure, but truly an exciting eye-opener... ;)
something i got while searching on ragging stuff at ism,as joining the same in a few days.....
outstanding if it was imagination///
still brilliant as well narrated ...
Post a Comment